Republic of the Marshall Islands
Public Health Emergency Preparedness (PHEP) Cooperative Agreement
Award Date: 07/1/2019/-06/30/2020 (12months)
The Republic of the Marshall Islands Ministry of Health is proposing the Public Health Emergency Preparedness project in collaboration with the RMI health care systems and health care coalition partners.
Goal: To better respond and support RMI health care system preparedness on public health emergencies to build the necessary capabilities to ensure the nation’s health care system and health care workers are ready to enhance the nation’s ability to rapidly mobilize, surge, and respond to public health emergencies identified by CDC.
1) To strengthen community partnerships to support public health preparedness
2) To strengthen surge management through trainings and exercises for health care providers, clinical laboratories, EMS personnel, and public health department personnel
3) To determine risks to the health of the jurisdiction
4) To improve the current ministry’s biosurveillance and physical infrastructure and infection control capability
5) To strengthen countermeasures and mitigation as well as reinforcing health care coalition partners for operational readiness
1) Early activation and management of emergency operations
2) Completed trainings and exercises to increase the readiness of health care providers, clinical laboratories, EMS personnel, and public health department personnel
3) Timely communication of risk and essential elements of information
4) Improved ministry’s identification and investigation of an incident and improved physical infrastructure and infection control capability
5) Stronger health care coalition partners for operational readiness