The purpose of this grant is to support the program goal of promoting immunizations across the lifespan by:
• Increasing the proportion of children who receive all vaccines recommended by the ACIP (Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices) for universal administration.
• Increasing routine vaccination of adolescents and adults to include Human Papillomavirus (HPV), flu and pneumococcal vaccine.
• Maintaining and/or improving on the high vaccination coverage levels for children 19-35 months of age.
• Improving immunization rates within individual provider practices.
• Increasing the proportion of providers who participate in the Delaware Immunization Information System (IIS), known as DelVAX including the use of bi-directional exchange of data.
• Increasing the proportion of children and adults enrolled in DelVAX
• Promote the use of bi-directional communication between providers and DelVAX.
• Supporting statewide preparedness activities as it pertains to pandemic influenza.