Abstract 2022 Accelerating Cancer Screening Funding Opportunity Organization: Family Health Care Clinic, Inc. Address: 4635 Highway 80 East Project Director: Margaret A. Gray, DPA Phone Number: 601-825-7280 Email Address: email@example.com Website Address: familyhealthcareclinic.com Description of Proposed Project Family Health Care Clinic is requesting funding for the fiscal year (FY) 2022 Accelerating Cancer Screening (AxCS) funding opportunity under the Health Center Program. The purpose of this program is to support health centers to increase equitable access to cancer screening and referral for care and treatment by enhancing patient education, case management, outreach, and other enabling services, in close partnership or coordination with National Cancer Institute (NCI)-designated Cancer Centers that will deploy outreach specialists and patient navigators for populations served by health centers. The Death Rate per 100,000 for Cervical Cancer was between 3.3 and 4.9 for Black Women compared to 2.2 for the United States. The Death Rate per 100,000 for Breast Cancer was between 20.5% and 29.9% for women in the service area compared to 19.4% for the United States. Services to provide under this grant award will include breast and cervical cancer screening, referral, tracking and follow up services. The purpose of the program is to increase the number of patients screened and to have patients to be placed into treatment within 30 days of being diagnosis with breast cancer or cervical cancer. The service area covered: Alabama: Colbert, Franklin, Lauderdale, Lawrence and Morgan Counties; Louisiana: Washington Parish; Mississippi: Calhoun, Franklin, Grenada, Jefferson, Lawrence, Lincoln, Marion, Montgomery, Rankin, Scott, Simpson, Smith, Walthall, Wilkinson, and Yalobusha Counties. The population residing is this area is approximately 755,000 resident. Family Health Care Clinic currently serve approximately 45,000 resid
ents is these communities. The of FHCC’s service area is relatively balanced along gender lines, with 51.4% female and 48.6% male residents. Children (ages 0-17) account for 22.9% of the service area. Residents age 65 and older make up 17.4% of the (American Community Survey, Census Bureau, 2015-2019). Residents who identify as white make up the largest racial group in the service area (72.8%), followed by Black (22.9%). Asians comprise 0.60% of the, 1.45% identify as Multiracial, and American Indians/Alaska Natives comprise 0.60%. Latinos make up 4.00% of the total and 4.6% speak a language other than English at home (American Community Survey, Census Bureau, 2015-2019).