The Stand Together Make a Difference was awarded a FY 2019 Drug-Free Communities Support Program grant in the amount of $625,000 by the White House Office of National Drug Control Policy, in cooperation with the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. The Coalition serves Danbury, Connecticut, a community of 85,246. The goals of the coalition are to establish and strengthen community collaboration in support of local efforts to prevent youth substance use. The coalition will achieve its goals by implementing these strategies
(1) Use student and community data to strategize local prevention efforts.
(2) Build coalition capacity of the coalition and youth subcommittee to address youth substance abuse.
(3) Decrease youth access to alcohol through evidence-based prevention strategies.
(4) Increase the perception of harm around alcohol and marijuana use through education, awareness, and community action.
(5) Create and implement culturally sensitive prevention materials to reach the community at large.