This is a one year project to strengthen the tribal government by reestablishing tribal base enrollment. The McGrath Native Village Council will work with area youth, families and elders on constructing genealogies of tribal members.
To compile and update base tribal enrollment for McGrath Native Village, by month 12, to ensure a complete membership that includes all qualifying tribal members and their descendents for fair and inclusive eligibility and delivery of tribal benefits and services. An update of the enrollment will be done through a genealogy project that include elders, families, youth and children working together to reconstruct each lineal heritage, as well a survey process of all known members. A Tribal Enrollment Committee will be trained in order to analyze results and determine if a need to amend the Constitution is necessary or the writing of an enrollment ordinance.
1. McGrath Native Village's Tribal Base Enrollment will be completed and up-to-date.
2. McGrath Native Village Council will have an ordinance or constitutional amendment defined and written which ensures the tribe a concrete basis for jurisdiction.
3. Elders, families, children and youth will work together, increasing tribal unity and identity.
4. Tribal benefits will be fairly and appropriately distributed.
5. Tribal Enrollment records that were lost in a fire will be reconstructed.